Blessed with nature of Mitane City, Kamayahama Beach is selected as one of 100 excellent beaches in Japan by the Ministry of the Environment. Every summer, the exciting sand craft festival takes place at the beach. Sand craft festival in Mitane features sand craft exibitions, various entertainment, sports and food while addressing the importance of natural environment. The festival aims at revitalizing Mitane Town by sand craft arts, as well as giving dreams to children and cultivating their love for the town. The theme of the festival is “the powerful event loved by the local community”. Artists start making sand crafts from two weeks before the festival. Visitors are welcomed to visit there and see the process of making them. In recent years, famous foreign artists have started to participate. Their delicate yet magnificent sand crafts decorate Kamayahama Beach.
- Event date
- Every Summer *The date is not decided.
- Mitane Town Sand Craft Executive Committee
- Mitane Town Kamayahama Beach
- Kamaya, Oguchi, Mitane Town
- Bleachers Rates
- Number of car spaces
- Parking Fee
- 500 per car as the environment donation
- Corresponding at the time of bad weather
- No postponement for rain (Fireworks will be canceled in case of bad weather conditions)