“Kamakura” is traditional night festival of new year which is held on Feburary 15th and 16th every year. It has 450 years of history and it is well known all over Japan.
This is a combination of Fire festival and Water festival.
“Kamakura” house is 3.5/3 meters size. A little special space for god is designated inside the house, and Water god is enshrined there. In side the house, children welcome visitors drinking sweet Sake, and baking rice cake. Kamakura is snow country tradition enriched by people of Yokote passed on from generation to generation.
- Event date
- Feburary 15 th~16th every year
- Yokote city Tourism association
- Park in front of Yokote city government main building
- Inside Yokote city Chuo-Cho
- Number of car spaces
- 700 cars
- Parking Fee
- Corresponding at the time of bad weather
- Not affected by weather condition